Top Eight New Books On My TBR

Today's Top Ten Eight list is a part of Top Ten Tuesday, created by The Broke And The Bookish. This week's topic is most recent books added to your TBR, and as I'm always up for giving out book recs, I thought I'd join in the fun! I'm going to stick to my most recent 2016 release additions to my TBR since lately I've been going back and adding older books that I already knew I wanted to read but never officially added on goodreads. Also, I may have cheated a little by picking the recent additions to my TBR that looked the most exciting.


8. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab: I was extremely let down when I heard that Victoria's new book wouldn't have any romance in it, but I have so much faith in this author that I decided to suck it up and eagerly await it anyways. After a few days of adamantly claiming I wouldn't read this because of the before-mentioned fact. In fact, I'm trying to spread my wings a little and explore novels that aren't the romance type, especially since lately, I'm actually craving romance much less than I used to, and sometimes simply want to read something thrilling that doesn't involve the complexities of love.

7. Twist by Joss Whedon: So this is actually a graphic novel, but there are only two words that matter when it comes to this. Victorian. Batman. How could anyone not want this?! There isn't a specific release date for this, but I know it's coming out later this year and I am so ready. 

In other words, I want my Victorian Batman and I want it now.


6. Ivory And Bone by Julie Eshbaugh: I'll be honest, I haven't the faintest idea of how this book got onto my TBR. I was pretty tempted to take this off of my list since it's long enough already, but I read through some of my blogger friends' reviews and they either loved it or are super hyped up for it, so I may as well give it a try. I mean, I had to have added it to my list for some reason, right?

5. A Tyranny Of Petticoats: 15 Stories Of Belles, Bank Robbers & Other Badass Girls: YES. Just, yes. If there are two things I love, they are historical fiction and fantasy, and in addition to that, there are belles, robbers, and badass girls. I love all of those things! This anthology and I were made for each other.


4. The Passion Of Dolssa by Julie Berry: That title. That cover. Kill me now it's so beautiful. Ever since I read All The Truth That's In Me, I get a bit of a swoony-eyed, passionately excited expression on my face whenever I hear the name Julie Berry. I haven't even read the synopsis - probably never will - and yet this is one of my most anticipated reads this year. Me and Julie's books, we have something special.

3. And I Darken by Kiersten White: This ones sounds either really intense or really crazy, and as I've never read any of the author's other books, I have no clue which it will be. However, with a cast consisting of a brutal princess and a lonely son of the sultan (Am I the only one who feel like giving him a hug?), I'm sure this'll be a wild ride I'd regret missing.


2. 'Til Death Do Us Part by Amanda Quick: I stumbled on this book only a few hours ago, but I am so glad I did. I wouldn't have pegged this as my type of book - there's something about the faded cover that has me shying away - but the Victorian London setting and the love interest who is a reclusive author of popular crime novels has me convinced otherwise. This reminds me of some of Deanna Raybourn's novels, which I adore, so I'm hoping this doesn't disappoint.

1. Antonia Barclay And Her Scottish Claymore: A Rebellious Romantic Comedy by Jane Carter Barrett: I'm not completely sure if this book is a joke or not, but it scares me. A lot. On the one hand, this book might be hilarious and witty and fun and emotional all at once, and I would be a fool not to read it. On the other hand, this might be a complete waste of my time and I will contemplate murdering this book every time I see it. I guess we'll find out eventually.

No comments:

Copyright © 2016 The Lone Reader. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.