The Ultimate Book Tag


Book tags are probably one of my favorite things ever, so when I saw this tag on Books With Lucy and she very kindly tagged anyone who wanted to be tagged, well, guess who wanted to be tagged? (Me.) I'm not sure who created this tag, but it looks like a lot of fun, so thank you to whoever deserves the credit! Now, without further ado, let's learn some bookish stuff about me.

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?

Yes, and it's my biggest physiological nuisance ever.

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you, and why?

I'd have to go with V.E. Schwab at the moment because it doesn't even matter what she writes - every sentence of her books are a ridiculously wonderful experience, and I can't get enough of them.

3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga?

In the past I would've been unable to choose, but I just re-read Twilight and it was kind of terrible. I'm in the middle of re-reading the HP series and honestly, it just gets better every time.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?

As a college student, I carry a backpack almost all the time, so besides my trusty book, I have my school supplies, planner, and any food I smuggle into class.

5. Do you smell your books?

It depends. I'm not a huge book-sniffer, but sometimes I love a book so much that I literally inhale it and possibly start making out with it.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?

I love them both ways! I mean, words are basically illustrations drawn in your head...but I like that not all books have illustrations, since it makes it special when books go that extra mile.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing?

Twilight.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

I tried reading the HP series as a youngster starting from book 6. Long story short, I had no idea what I was doing, and ended up using the book to press flowers. You can still see the flower stains when flipping through the pages, and it is endlessly amusing.

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?

I'm not at home so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure it's Percy Jackson: The Demigod Files.

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf.

Probably the Bible.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author? 

I don't think I'm a terrible writer - nor a great one - but it would be so cool to be an author! I just don't think I have the patience to write an entire novel, or the skill to weave the story in such a way to make it something someone, including myself, would want to read.

12. When did you get into reading?

I actually can't remember a time I didn't read something or the other to pass the time. My head has a tendency to be stuck in fiction rather than reality.

13. What is your favorite classic book?

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen <3

14. In school, was your best subject Language Arts/English?

Let's just say that my best AP test was English Literature & Composition.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?

I'd probably return it if I had a gift receipt. #sorrynotsorry

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?

I haven't read it yet, but going off of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, Carry On seemed pretty similar to Harry Potter. However, I'm confident in the people who say the actual book is not just an HP fanfic, though I'm also betting that HP fans will enjoy it.

17. What is a bad habit you always do - besides rambling - while blogging?

Super long gaps between blog posts, and then quitting the blog completely and starting all over again with a new design. It's actually how Fierce Reads started up, but hey, it worked out, yes?

18. What is your favorite word?

Roguish, maybe.
Note: Favorite word may be subject to change.

19. Are you a nerd, dork, dweeb, or all of the above?

Definitely somewhere between nerd and dork.

20. Vampires or fairies? Why?

How about faeries? Reason: Rhysand. (re: A Court Of Thorns And Roses which you need in your life if it isn't in it already)

21. Shapeshifters or angels? Why?

I'm going to go with angels, because when I think shapeshifter, I think werewolf, and when I think werewolf, I think Jacob from Twilight. I do not like Jacob from Twilight.

22. Spirits or werewolves? Why?

Really? We're going there? Then fine, I pick werewolves. I don't care how charming you are, spirit; you ain't possessing my body.

23. Zombies or vampires? Why

Vampires, duh! I'd kiss a frog - come to me, princie - but not a zombie.

24. Love triangles or forbidden love?

Whichever one has the couple glaring at each other more.

25. Full-on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

Depends on my mood, but I usually lean toward "action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in." It's when I'm feeling sappy that you have to watch out.




I'd love to learn more about you guys too, so if you're in the mood, please consider yourself tagged, and then send me the link so I can check it out!


No comments:

Copyright © 2016 The Lone Reader. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.