Yes, Yes I Did Change My Blog Name Again

So I guess I'm not a Fierce Reader anymore because if you look up to the top of the blog, it doesn't say Fierce Reads anymore, but actually The Lone Reader. Yes, I'm the Lone Reader now, so make sure you call me that from now on (please don't actually do that - Preethi is just fine). I know that it usually takes me more or less than a year to go design-crazy and redo my entire blog design, but as you can see, though my blog header and title have changed, nothing else really has. I didn't have to start all over this time, and I'm super happy about that because I want to put the one-blog-a-year part of life behind me. In fact, I really hope that this is my forever blog. I also hope that I don't have to change the blog name again because staying up until 5:00 in the morning to come up with a new name and header - plus all the additional things like profile pictures, social media name changes, URL and email changes, etc. - is a teeny bit less fun than it sounds.

That brings me to the topic of why I decided to change the name in the first place. As many of you probably know, Fierce Reads is a well-known publishing group owned by Macmillan. I loved the name so much that I figured it would be okay for me to use it as well since I'm not a publisher, and I also figured no one would mistake me for them because of some very obvious reasons. I mean, 1) they're cool, 2) they're cool, and 3) they're so cool.

Alas, it turns out that it is actually kind of difficult to tell the difference between us on Twitter, so I figured I'd do everyone a favor and make it less difficult to tweet the right person the right thing. So now I am The Lone Reader. Besides, having the same name as the giant publisher meant I'd always be second best, and I can do better than that.

For better or for worse, I'm now The Lone Reader. I'm actually quite excited.

No comments:

Copyright © 2016 The Lone Reader. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.