Top Ten Anticipated Releases Of 2016 Part Two

Today's Top Ten list is a part of Top Ten Tuesday, created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is top ten most anticipated releases for the second half of the year. Some of these picks might coincide with the top eight list I did earlier in the year, but if anything, the repeats just mean that they're that good. At least I hope so. Anyways, for the first time ever, I'm probably going to actually put my choices in order, with number one being the book I'm most excited for. Click on the title of the book for the goodreads.


10. Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton: Ever since the first time I saw this book on goodreads, it made me think of something along the lines of The FixerAll Fall Down, and The Conspiracy Of Us - this government-involving genre of books + crazy swoony romance has been common lately, and I have been very into it. I hope that this book follows this line of story but still adds its own thing to the mix and hopefully, is even better than the afore-mentioned titles. 

9. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff: This is the first book in the new Nevernight Chronicles, and I'm excited simply because it's written by the co-author of Illuminae and Gemina, the first of which is amazing and the second of which is later on this list. I have no idea what it's about, but the cover looks promising (though personally I'll probably end up ordering the UK one if I buy the book).


8. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab: This is the first book in the Monsters of Verity series, and though this'll probably be the first book I read by Schwab that has zero romance in it, I'm perfectly cool with an awesome boy-girl duo that kicks butt and who do not love each other. Besides, I trust Schwab enough to have faith that her writing and plot is enough to keep anyone more than satisfied. Again, I think I might like the UK cover since it's more mature and I loooove the whole white cover thing.

7. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco: This has been a book I've been super excited for since I first heard of it, and it's also probably the one major book that has made me regret the fact that I haven't requested an advanced reader copy, ARC, since about ten months. However, I did get lucky enough to score an advanced copy at B&N's B-Fest this past weekend, and I am so extremely excited to finally read it.


6. Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff: Illuminae last year was a super amazing and super original science fiction novel, and the format was just brilliant. I actually didn't buy the book despite loving it since I only buy books I'm likely to re-read, but ugh I feel bad every time I pass the gorgeous book in the store. Similarly, I know Gemina will be thrilling, and the new art + increased casualties are making me eager to see what these two authors have in store for us. I've heard it's some very painful stuff.

5. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany & Jack Thorne: I'm actually not sure I'm as excited for this as some people are, but of course I'm going to read a new Harry Potter story. Like duh. I'd love to actually go and watch the play, but unfortunately, my parents are not the spending lots of money on plays type of people.


4. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West: Last year Kasie West wrote the super amazing, tremendously swoony and feel-y book, The Fill-In Boyfriend. While other people were at senior prom, I was at home, reading about a boy and girl at prom. It was great and I regret nothing. Kasie West has always been an wondrous romance writer, and I literally cannot wait for more of her magic.

3. A Change of Heart by Sonali Dev: If you've been following my blog recently, then you know that I've found myself recently obsessed with desi-lit, and more specifically, Sonali Dev. It's pretty much your everyday New Adult romance, except better because it has this Indian-American culture twist that I just adore. Who doesn't like reading about an Indian wedding (not that I've ever been to one, but that's not the point). So yeah, consider me ready for more tears.


2. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas: Okay but really, is there anyone not in love with this series (actually there are a few people, but I'm just going to ignore them for the moment). This series is impossible not to get invested in, especially the further you read into the collection. Don't read this part if you're not caught up with the series, but I'm low-key hoping that Chaol comes to his senses in this book, but that's very unlikely; luckily, I am also fine with any Rowan-Celaena feels that happen to come along while I'm reading.

1. Recreated by Colleen Houck: It's no secret that Houck's Tiger's Curse series is my favorite thing ever, and while I love this series about a microscopic bit and a half less, the characters and plot are very reminiscent of that series, so yes I definitely need this book asap, and yes it's going to be on my shelf like, yesterday.


What books releasing later this year are you most excited for (and might you possibly sell your soul for)?


17 comments:

  1. I loved Illuminae, so Gemina is at the top of my list this year. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've heard crazy good things about Gemina and I'm so excited for it!!

      Delete
  2. Great list! I'm excited for so many of these too. I hadn't seen Stalking Jack the Ripper but it looks so good!

    My Top Ten - http://crossmyheartandhopetoread.blogspot.com/2016/06/top-ten-tuesday-2.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Jack the Ripper sounds amazing! I'm actually about to start reading it right now, and my fingers are crossed that it lives up to how thrilling it sounds.

      Delete
    2. Ooh can't wait to read your thoughts on it!

      Delete
  3. I had The Cursed Child and Empire of Storms was on my list this week too! Wow This Savage Song has no romance? That makes me even more excited for it (though I didn't include it in my list this week because the UK edition is already out!).
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-61/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad you're even more excited for This Savage Song now XD

      Delete
  4. I'm excited for the new H.P. and STALKING JACK THE RIPPER as well. I also like Kasie West's books, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for her newest.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of the political thriller genre that's been popping up in YA recently and I can't wait to read Diplomatic Immunity. I'm always excited for a Kasie West books. Somehow I have not read a Victoria Schwab book yet, I have multiple ones on my TBR list, I just haven't read any yet. This must be remedied! I'm intrigued by Stalking Jack the Ripper and I really need to read Illuminae.
    Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Well, I must read it. I don't know if I'm excited for it... I'm more nervous about it. If I like it I'll be glad that Rowling wrote it. If I hate it then I'm going to stick it in an extra bedroom, tell it to be quiet, and pretend that it doesn't exist... I hope that doesn't make me Dursley-ish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Political thriller was the word I was looking for and just could not remember for the life of me. And duuuude you need to read a Schwab book asap - my vote would definitely go for A Darker Shade Of Magic as your first read. And yeah I'm not sure if I'm excited for HP either; maybe a fear-based anticipation is the more accurate description of how I feel about it.

      Delete
  6. I can't believe I didn't think of the new Harry Potter book - crazy oversight! This Savage Song and Gemina are both amazing. so you definitely need to read those!!

    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the whole oversight thing - I completely forgot to put Heartless by Marissa Meyer on my list! I feel terrible about it.

      Delete
  7. I'll have to read Reawakened - it'll be my first by the author. Great list!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Colleen Houck is one of my favorite authors! I'd actually recommend your read the Tiger's Curse series first since it's so much better, in my opinion, but whichever you choose to start with, I really hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  8. I am so looking forward to PS. I Like You - Kasie West is one of the queens of cute contemporaries and her books are perfect for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is definitely queen of cute contemporaries. Her last book was perfect and I seriously cannot wait for this next one. Only a month of waiting to go (I'm going to pretend like that isn't a long time)!

      Delete
  9. I really want to read EMPIRE OF STORMS so badly!! I have Stalking Jack the Ripper, and it has gotten so much praise and attention so far. I started to read it, and the prose is simply lovely. Great picks!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2016 The Lone Reader. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.