The Pokemon Go Book Tag

This tag was created by Aentee of Read at Midnight.

Aentee thoughtfully tagged anyone who wished to participate in this wonderful tag that she created, so thank you so much, Aentee - I'm excited to take part in this.

I think for this category, I'll have to go with Eragon by Christopher Paolini. Of course I've read a ton of books before that series - in fact, I can't actually recall a time when I haven't been intimate with books - but it was this book that first made me realize the full scope of what can be experienced through a novel. The characters and plot were amazing, and the setting made reading feel even better than watching a movie. I was ridiculously excited about this book at the time (I read it in fifth grade), and I firmly recall that I based several of my English assignments and projects on the book.

The only book and series that I can possibly put down for this category is the Harry Potter series. I know that that's more than a bit of a cliché, but there is nothing else that really fits the category. No matter how many times I re-read the series, no matter how well I know the books, I will never become bored of them, and in fact, will eagerly reach for the series time and time again.

Other iconic classics that I love are, of course, Pride & Prejudice and Persuasion by Jane Austen, as well as Hamlet by William Shakespeare. I love these books to death, but I just don't think they fit into the category as well.

I hate to say this, but I think I felt this way about This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab, more or less. I love the author as both a person and a writer, but after years of hearing the hype on all of her books, I became a bit bored of her current, hyped book. I read it anyways, except I didn't love it as much as her other books that I read. It's either because I failed to fall into the hype hole this time around, or people constantly freaking out about the book just made me less eager for it.

This one was surprisingly hard to think of, but I think I'm going to go with Reawakened by Colleen Houck. I've probably mentioned this book a thousand times on this blog, but I love it specifically for the reason that it is a total trope. First there's the hot guy out of the main character's league trope, then the pretend you don't like him even when you do trope, shortly followed by the push her away since you're no good for her trope. But yeah I totally love that book - honestly, it's kind of like an Egyptian version of the Indian Tiger's Curse series, and I am all for it.



If I'm being honest, I haven't read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes yet, and am just a teeny bit intimidated by the extremely large size of the book. I know I'm going to love it, but it's definitely a bit of a commitment. However, I'm not afraid of commitment, and I'm going to begin reading the stories as soon as I can figure out which copy to buy. It might take a while though since my decision-making skills are lacking.

The most recent book I can think of that kept me up was definitely A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev.  Often I'm up late forcing myself to finish a book just to get it over with, but with A Bollywood Affair it was completely unintentional. I started reading it in bed and before I knew it, I was finished with the book and it was 6:30 in the morning. It was bright out and yes, birds were chipping outside of my window. It was so worth it.

Without even thinking about the question, my answer is, expectedly, Rhysand and Feyre from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. I know most people didn't start shipping the two until the latest book came out, but I've been in love with them as a couple since book one. Their smexy moments are smexy and their romance is the most beautiful think I may ever encounter in a book - I never want this series to end, and I never want Rhys and Feyre's love for each other to be diminished.

For this one I'm going with Paper Princess by Erin Watt. It's a very unusual book and for the life of me, I cannot compare it to any other book. I read it extremely quickly, and yes I kind of loved it, but then again, I felt really guilty about loving it. I don't know what that says about the book. Whether it was good or bad, there were definitely some hot moments, and I zoomed through the novel. For better or for worse, I am looking forward to - and also afraid of - reading the next book once it releases later this month.

Anything by Sarah J. Maas or Colleen Houck is good for me. I know that technically their series' are not spin-offs, but I feel like all of their books have a similar theme to them, so I'm going to count them as spin-offs. I highly recommend their books if you haven't read them yet.

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. I expected absolutely nothing when going into this book, but soon enough, I'd binged the first two books in the series and sat there waiting for book three. Then when that came out, I took the hardcover under the covers with me along with a flashlight, and I read as much as that book as I could. It was beautiful. I've currently re-reading the series for the third time and it will never get old. 

I'd nominate Tiger's Curse for this category as well since I randomly picked it off of the shelf for its beautiful cover and it turned out to be one of my most favorite series in the entire world, but I think I've probably mentioned that book just a bit too much. I shan't apologize.



The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson is probably the only series left that I'm hyped to read. As far as I've know, I've read most or all of the books in the series' that I've wanted to read, so yay for that. The only reason I haven't read this book and series yet is that the hype creates a lot of expectations and this book seems intense, so I'm just waiting for the perfect mood before I dive in.

Hahahahaha this hits close to home right now. Recently the UK edition of Nevernight by Jay Kristoff was for sale, signed and numbered, with red-sprayed pages, but it sold out right in front of my eyes. It was very sad. The store actually ended up getting some more, non-numbered copies, so I still get the red-edges, but I'm still going to miss the numbering.

I've been really excited for The Movie Version by Emma Wunsch, ever since I first heard of it - it sounds like exactly my kind of thing. The romance sounds both beautiful and gutting, and I personally love books and movies that involve, well, movie stars. They're just the cutest stories, if written well. The book doesn't come out until October 11, and I really hope it's worth the wait.

I don't have too many auto-buy authors, but the ones I do have are Sarah J. Maas, Colleen Houck, Jennifer Probst, Julie James, Deanna Raybourn, and Jane Austen (lol). All of their books are super amazingly awesome and you need to read all of these authors' books if you haven't already.




For this category I am definitely going with Tiger's Dream by Colleen Houck. I've been waiting for the book since I finished Tiger's Destiny and first found out about the existence of this next book in the series, but I've been waiting years for the next book and will probably have to wait several more years for the book to finally come out. But whatever - I can probably forgive anything of the author who wrote me Ren and Kelsey.


I tag Kirsty from Studio Reads, Chris & Sarah from YA Bookends, and anyone else who wants to join in, whether or not they play Pokemon Go (I captured two pokemon and then deleted the app - my bad).


No comments:

Copyright © 2016 The Lone Reader. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.