Romance Mini Reviews In A Sentence (More Or Less)

A couple of weeks ago I was in a blogging slump - I read a ton of books, but was definitely not in the mood to review them. However, I just finished binging Veronica Mars and I am back in business (though interestingly enough, now I'm in a reading slump). I don't think writing a full review for each of the books I read during my slump would be an efficient use of anyone's time, so I'm going to to go ahead and summarize my thoughts on each book, in roughly one sentence.



738 Days is a really fast, but cute read, perfect for when you're in the mood for a New Adult romance that takes place outside of college, featuring a young woman trying to find herself after an incident in her past, and a newly struggling actor trying to prove himself to the world without letting go of who he is. It's a unique - if not original - love story that will definitely leave a mark in the feels area.


Rating: ★★★★



This one was a bit of a disappointment because the tone/mood of it wasn't really what I was expecting: I was expecting a slow-burn type romance that would suck me dry, but instead I got a novel where I didn't love the writing style and the romance happened quickly but the relationship took more time to develop. There were several cute moments and the plot was fine, but the book didn't blow me away.


Rating: ★★★



I don't remember too much about this one as it was a pretty generic adult contemporary romance novel, but it was such an adorable read, and exactly what I was looking for at the time. Though the "marriage of convenience" synopsis makes it sound like a Harlequin Romance novel, it has more of a rom-com feel to it than anything - a great choice if you're in the mood for a lighter read.


Rating: ★★★★



If your go-to adult contemporary romance authors are Jennifer Probst and Julie James, then To Have and To Hold is the perfect book for you. It's a chic plus witty romance that'll have you crying, swooning, grinning mischievously, and eye-rolling all at once. The whole wedding planner romance thing never gets old, and a cute secondary romance as well as a potentially suspicious character seals the deal on this being a must-read for romance lovers.


Rating: ★★★★


No comments:

Copyright © 2016 The Lone Reader. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.